There are many good anti-virus and anti-spyware solutions on the market. Thousands of dollars a day are spent by individuals, businesses, and organizations to combat viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, identity theft, hackers and the other hundreds and thousands of threats against the average computer.
- Only open emails and attachments from people or companies you know and trust!
- Be leery of any pop-up that appears on a page if you did not click a link that generated that pop-up.
- Use automatic updates on your PC or go to the Windows Update page on a weekly basis to download and install all critical updates.
- Keep your anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware, and all security programs updated on a weekly basis at the minimum.
- Never ignore any warnings from your anti-virus or other security programs